Friday, June 5, 2009

Socks n' Scarves

Sometimes I think I have the best boyfriend! We drove out to the park today to take a walk and then run some other errands. I had just got Knitting Circles Around Socks (and new sock yarn) a few days ago, but I only had one set of size 2 cirs in my arsenal. I didn't have to beg or plead. we ended up driving all the way out to Crystal Lake to stop at Sunflower Samplings.

I was hoping for two pair of size 1 circs, but apparently somebody else got to them before I did! No matter, though, because I will swatch with the size 2s and add or subtract stitches as needed. I'm an English major, but I can do some math! (A sentence you might never have caught me saying before I started knitting....)

While riding in the car, since he was driving, I got to sit and happily knit away on that double-cable scarf I started. I must be completely daft for knitting a wool scarf when it's 80+ degrees out, but it is really pretty and I'll have something new to wear this fall/winter.

I need to take a quick snapshot of it, but the sun has gone down behind the trees and although the sky is painted in gorgeous lavendars and pinks, it is not exactly the best lighting one could hope for.

Happy Knitting!

P.S. The peonies are blossoming and they are very lovely smelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment